This Trek starts from Damji and ends in Damji near Punakha. The Trek is for 3 hours. The Best time to do this Trek is from March – May and September – November.
Itinerary (10 Days)
Destinations: Arrive Paro - Thimphu | Area altitude: 2,200m | Travelling distance: 55kms | Time taken: 1hr 15mins
- On arrival in Paro ,Representatives from Bhutan Mystical Tour will welcome & receive you and transfer to Thimphu.
- Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu.
Destinations: Thimphu Sightseeings | Area altitude: 2,300m | Time taken: 1hr 15mins
- After break fast visit Memorial Chorten (third King's memorial stupa),
- Tashichho Dzong (capital of Bhutan)
- Painting School
- Traditional Medicine Institute
- Handicrafts Emporium and Folk Heritage Museum in Kawajangsa.
- Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu.
Destinations: Thimphu - Punakha - Tashithang | Area altitude: 1,600m | Travelling distance: 80kms | Time taken: 4hrs
- Drive to Punakha via Dochula pass (3,100m), through magnificent forests of rhododendron and magnolia. On the clear days, you can have the panoramic view of eastern Himalayan peaks. Picnic lunch at Punakha at the riverside. Enjoy the view of Punakha Dzong, built in 1637 during the time of Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. The Dzong is now used as the winter residence of monk body and administrative centre of the district. After lunch drive on to Tashithang following Mo Chhu River. Camp at Tashithang 1,600m.
Destinations: Tashithang - Damji - Gasa | Area altitude: 2250m | Time taken: 9-10hrs
- The trek starts by the riverside, following a well-made path through semi tropical forest. For flower lovers there is abundant wild orchids here. The day’s walk is fairly gentle climbing up to Damji village at an altitude of 2,250m, walking time 5/6 hours. After lunch, you will continue walking through sub-tropical forests and villages up to Gasa Tsachu (hot spring). The Tsachu is a famous place where people from all over the country come to have bath, due to its curative powers. You will walk up to the Dzong in the evening. Camp below the Dzong at an altitude of 2,900m. Walking time 6-7 hours.
Destinations: Gasa (The day at Gasa Tsachu) | Area altitude: 2250m
- You can either laze in the hot spring or take a pack lunch and climb about two hours to visit Gasa village and the Dzong. Overnight camp.
Destinations: Gasa Tsachu - Geon Damji | Area altitude: 2,280m | Travelling distance: 21kms | Time taken: 6hrs
- After a short climb, the trail winds through the rolling hills and passes through the pine and oak forests, villages and wheat fields. You will also see a beautiful view of the Gasa Dzong glued to the valley wall seeming to float in space. Camp. Alt. 2280m. Distance 21 km. Time 6-7 hours.
Destinations: Geon Damji - Tashithang - Punakha | Area altitude: 1,770m | Travelling distance: 17kms | Time taken 6-7 hrs
- The trail descends from the high agricultural benches above the Mochu ( Chu means River ) into a lush semi-tropical gorge filled with banana trees, creepers and various tropical vegetation. You will also see monkeys and few other animals occasionally. Arrive at Tashithnag at an altitide of 1700m after walking 17 km for about 6-7 hours. Your car will be waiting here to transfer to Punakha. Relax in the hotel and overnight in Punakha.
Destinations: Punakha - Thimphu | Area altitude: 1,900m | Travelling distance: 70kms | Time taken: 3hrs
- Morning, visit the Punakha Dzong the former capital of Bhutan. The Dzong lies between two rivers known as Phochu and Mochu, which mean ‘Male River and Female River’. It was built by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal the founder of Bhutan in 1637 AD and is one of the most important and historical Dzongs in Bhutan. In the Dzong are kept the sacred remains of Pema Lingpa and Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. The Dzong now houses the District Administration office and the winter residence of the state Monastic Body and its Chief Abbot. After lunch, drive to Thimphu. While in Thimphu you will stroll in the town visiting some handicraft shops. Overnight in Hotel in Thimphu.
Destinations: Thimphu - Paro | Area altitude: 2,200m | Travelling distance: 55kms | Time taken: 1hr 15mins
- After breakfast drive Paro and on arrival, you will check into hotel. Then hike to the Tiger's Nest Monastery. The hike is about 3 hours to the Monastery. It is said that 8th century spiritual master (Guru Rimpoche) meditated in the cave for three months. Hike back to Paro in the evening. Evening stroll freely in Paro town. Overnight hotel in Paro.
Destinations: Paro (Departure)
- Drive to the airport. Our representative will bid you farewell.