This tour is a combination of the cultural tour with the most famous festival of Bhutan where you can see various mask dances performed by the monks in the temple. "Ter Cham" or fire dance (Blessing by fire ceremony) is the highlight of this festival. (Please note that you are not allowed to take pictures). The Tour will lead you to the beautiful valley of Bumthang, the cultural and spiritual hub of Bhutan and Gangtey/Phobjikha valley, the most beautiful glacial valleys in the Himalayas.
Itinerary (11 Days)
Destinations: Arrive Paro (By Druk Air flight) | Area altitude: 2,280m.
- Representative of Bhutan Mystical Tours will welcome & receive you at the airport.
- Visit to Rimpung Dzong.
- Visit to Ta Dzong (National Museum).
- Transfer to Thimphu.
Destinations: Thimphu | Area altitude: 2,320m | Travelling distance: 55km | Time taken: 1hr 30 mins.
- Visit to Kuensel Phodrang, the Tallest Statue of Buddha.
- Visit National Zoo.
- Tashichho Dzong (central Monastic Body) from outside.
- Free to stroll in the town for photography and shopping.
- After lunch, witness Archery Match.
Destinations: Thimphu - Punakha | Area altitude: 1,900m | Travelling distance: 75 kms | Time taken: 2hrs 30 mins.
- After breakfast, drive to Punakha via Dochula pass.
- If the weather is clear, we stop for a while at Dochula pass to view Higher Himalayas.
- On the way, stop a while to view Chimi Lhakhang, which was built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley in 15th century. The Temple is also known as "the Temple of Fertility".
- Visit Punakha Dzong built in 1637 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal and is situated between Pho Chu (Male river) and Mo Chu (Female river).
Destinations: Punakha - Gangtey | Area altitude: 3,120m | Travelling distance: 80 kms | Time taken: 3hrs.
- After breakfast drive to the beautiful valley of Gangtey.
- Enroute sightseeing in the valley of Wangdi Phodrang includes: visit to Wangdi Phodrang Dzong built in 1638.
- Drive further to Gangtey.
- Visit Gangtey Gompa Monastery from outside.
- Explore Phobjikha valley, famous for the Black Necked Cranes during winter.
Destinations: Gangtey - Trongsa - Bumthang | Area altitude: 2,800m | Travelling distance: 137 kms | Time taken: 5hrs.
- Drive to Trongsa.
- Visit Trongsa Dzong, the most impressive dzong of Bhutan, built in its present form in 1644 by Chogyal Minjur Tempa.
- Visit Ta Dzong, an ancient Watch tower.
- Transfer to Bumthang.
Destinations: Bumthang Sightseeing | Area altitude 2,800m | Time taken: Full day
- Drive Jakar Dzong.
- To witness Festival.
- Visit Kurjey Lhakhang that is named after body print of Guru Rimpoche, built in 1652 by Minjur Tempa.
Destinations: Bumthang (Jakar festival & sightseeing) | Area altitude: 2,800m | Time taken: Full day.
- After breakfast, drive Jakar Dzong.
- To witness Festival.
- Evening, visit Jambay Lhakhang, built by King Srongsen Gampo of Tibet in the year 659.
- In October one of the most spectacular festival, "Jambay Lhakhang Drup" is staged here. Dinner and over night in Bumthang.
Destinations: Bumthang (Jakar Festival) | Area altitude: 2,800m | Time taken: Full day
- After breakfast, drive to witness festival.
- After lunch, visit Membartsho which literally means, "The burning Lake".
- In the evening, visit Tamshing Lhakhang (Temple of the good message), established in 1501 by Pema Lingpa.
Destinations: Bumthang - Thimphu | Area altitude: 2,320m | Travelling distance: 270kms | Time taken: 8 hrs.
- Drive to Thimphu via Trongsa & Punakha/Wangdue Phodrang.
Destinations: Paro | Area altitude: 2,280m | Travelling distance: 50 kms | Time taken: 1hr 30 mins.
- After breakfast, a short drive takes us to Satsam Chorten.
- Then walk a short distance until we see, clearly and seemingly within reach, Taktsang monastery.
- Drive to the ruins of the Drukgyal Dzong, built in 1647 by the Great Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal.
- Explore the ramparts and on a clear day experience an unforgettable view of Mt. Jhomolhari (7,314 m).
- On the way back, visit Kichu Lhakhang, built in 659 A.D by the Tibetan king Srongsen Gampo.
Destinations: Paro (Departure) | Area altitude: 2,280m.
- Early Morning 30 minutes drive to Airport and Farewell.
01 pax: US $ 2441 per person
02 pax: US $ 2358 per person
03 pax & above: US $ 2083 per person
The above package tariff includes:
Excellent services within Bhutan for all land transport (Toyota luxury coach, ac/non ac cars),
Horses and yaks for trekking within Bhutan,
The best available hotels, meals (catered to personal orders and tastes),
Sightseeing, experienced and friendly guides, religious festivals.
Not included in the package tariff:
International flight ticket costs,
Airport departure tax,
Drinks, personal expenses, laundry and Tips.