Ura Yakchoe is a festival held in the month of May, annually in a place called Ura, the beautiful valley situated under the breathtakingly wonderful province called Bumthang.
This festival is known for its famous dance which is known as the “Ura Yakchoe”. During the festival a sacred and significant relic is put on display so that the people can receive blessing from this very moment.
Itinerary (12 Days)
Destination: Arrive Paro (Druk Air flight) | Area altitude: 2,280m
- Representative from Bhutan Mystical Tours at the airport.
- Drive to the ruins of the Drukgyal Dzong (16kms. Built in 1647 by the great Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal.
- Experience an unforgettable view of Mt. Jhomolhari (7,314 m).
- Visit Kichu Lhakhang (built in 659 A.D by the Tibetan King Srongsen Gampo).
Destinations: Paro - Thimphu | Area altitude: 2,320m | Travelling distance: 50kms | Time taken: 1hr 15mins
- Excursion to Taktsang Monastery (Tiger's Nest).
- Visit Ta Dzong, an ancient watch tower, which has been since 1967, the national museum.
- Drive to Thimphu.
Destinations: Paro - Thimphu (Sightseeing) | Area altitude: 2,320m
- Visit to the National Memorial Chorten, built in 1974 in honor of our late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk.
- National Library.
- Painting School, famous for carving and free hand art.
- Folk Heritage Museum.
Destinations: Thimphu - Punakha | Area altitude: 1,310m | Travelling distance: 74kms | Time taken: 3hrs
- Drive to Punakha via Dochula pass.
- Visit Chimi Lhakhang also called the "Temple of Fertility" built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley.
- Visit Punakha Dzong built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Namgay Namgayal.
Destinations: Punakha - Gangtey | Area altitude: 2,320m | Travelling distance: 70km | Time taken: 3hrs
- Visit Wangdiphodrang Dzong (from outside) built in 1638.
- While in Gangtey, Visit Gangtey Gompa built in 1613.
- Explore Phobjikha valley, famous for the Blacked Necked Cranes during winter.
Destinations: Gangtey - Trongsa - Bumthang | Area altitude: 2,800m | Travelling distance: 137kms | Time taken: 6hrs
- Drive to Trongsa.
- Visit Trongsa Dzong, the most impressive Dzong of Bhutan, built in its present form in 1644 by Chogyal Minjur Tempa.
- Visit Ta Dzong, an ancient watch tower.
Destinations: Bumthang Sightseeing | Area altitude: 2,800m | Time taken: Full day
- After breakfast, Visit Ura to witness Ura Yakchoe Festival.
- Visit Kurjey Lhakhang (named after body print of Guru Rimpoche, built in 1652 by Minjur Tempa.
- Dinner and over night in Hotel.
Destinations: Bumthang - Ura (festival and sightseeing) | Area altitude: 2,850m | Travelling distance: 48kms | Time taken: 1hr 30mins
- After breakfast, drive to Ura Temple to witness Festival.
- Visit Jambay Lhakhang,built by King Srongsen Gampo of Tibet in the year 659.
Destinations: Bumthang (Ura Festival) | Area altitude: 2,850m
- After breakfast,drive to witness festival.
- Visit Membarstho which means, "The burning Lake".
- Visit Tamshing Lhakhang (Temple of the good message) established in 1501 by Pema Lingpa.
Destinations: Bumthang - Thimphu | Area altitude: 2,320m | Travelling distance: 270kms | Time taken: 8hrs 30mins
- After breakfast drive to Thimphu.
- Dinner and over night in hotel.
Destinations: Thimphu (Sightseeing) - Paro | Area altitude: 2,280m | Travelling distance: 50 kms | Time taken: 1hr 15mins
- Visit Sangay Gang view point.
- The Takin Preserve center.
- The largest Statue of Buddha (in the world).
- Visit Tashicho dzong, central Monastic body from outside.
- Free to stroll in the town for shopping and photography.
Destination: Paro (Departure) | Area altitude: 2,200m
- Early Morning drive to Airport and Farewell.
01 pax: US $ 3234 per person
02 pax: US $ 3113 per person
03 pax & above: US $ 2750 per person
The above package tariff includes:
Excellent services within Bhutan for all land transport (Toyota luxury coach, ac/non ac cars),
Horses and yaks for trekking within Bhutan,
The best available hotels, meals (catered to personal orders and tastes),
Sightseeing, experienced and friendly guides, religious festivals.
Not included in the package tariff:
International flight ticket costs,
Airport departure tax,
Drinks, personal expenses, laundry and Tips.